Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Data Engineer, who will strengthen our Product & Data team with experience, engineering practice, and willingness to constantly innovate and question the way we do things here.
In Cogvio, we build distributed data products oriented around domains and owned by independent cross-functional teams and data product owners,
using common data infrastructure as a platform to host, prep, and serve their data assets. All this is designed to work on the data mesh platform, an intentionally designed distributed data architecture,
under centralized governance and standardization for interoperability, enabled by a shared and harmonized self-serve data infrastructure.
All of this build on top of the following principles:
- serving over ingesting,
- discovering and using over extracting and loading,
- publishing events as streams cascading data around via centralized pipelines,
- ecosystem of data products over centralized data platform
- Prepare data models and infrastructure
- Design data processing data pipelines and data mesh architecture
- Optimize data transformations to handle continuous data size growth
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Communicate with other company departments in order to help them grow through data
- Deal with requests, choose the best approach and the right priority
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Work as a part of a team or independently
- Communication. Since we're remote-first, it's vital that you'll be able to work responsibly even without a boss breathing down your neck, independently if need be, and regularly reporting progress. With great freedom comes great responsibility. This is simpler if you choose to work from our offices, but even then you'll be required to be able to communicate with other remote people.
- Experience with ETL tools (Airflow, Prefect, Singer.io, Stitch, etc.), data platforms (like Keboola, Apify), and cloud storages (AWS ecosystem, Postgres, Snowflake)
- Expertise in managing SQL servers and understanding of programming principles
- Knowledge of analytic tools (Power BI, Tableau, or Redash) and data warehouses
- Proven track with product-focused development and delivery
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Being able to handle an environment which is constantly evolving and changing
- Effective communication in English
- Programming skills (JAVA, Python) are an advantage
- BS in Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics is an advantage
- Impact. We probably won't "save the planet", but our work actually helps people. Thanks to our PriceMonitor, we're helping to make medicine cheaper. Thanks to our patient registry, we're helping to keep track of innovative medicines, making them safer. Thanks to our Market Access Monitor, we're helping to get new medicine to the market faster.
- Smart colleagues. You'll have people to learn from and people to teach what you know.
- Clean code. We're very proud of the quality of our software.
- True remote. We're remote-first and as long as you have a working internet connection, we don't care where you work from! We will need you to be able to sync up with us with the occasional video call, but apart from that, pick whatever timezone you want.
- Offices. Our offices are simple, but they're there if you prefer to work with your pants on. And you can work from all of our offices, anywhere in the entire world! So far we're only in Prague and Brno, but hey, you never know :)
Send us your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to answering all your questions.