We are COGVIO, a Czech company of ~25 professionals building our own digital products that automate complex tasks for the pharmaceutical industry.
Our products help companies with medicine pricing and access to markets all over the world (EU, Canada, Gulf). Our software is used by 8 out of 10 biggest pharma companies in the Czech republic, incl. MSD, Novartis, Pfizer, etc.
From the technical point of view, we are building a Data Mesh platform that connects 200+ global sources of pricing and reimbursement data and delivers a new level of insights to our customers.
OUR BACKEND TECH STACK
- Languages: Java 17
- Frameworks: Spring Boot, Hibernate
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, GitLab, Terraform
TEAM & DEV CULTURE
- Builders mindset without lifestyle startup BS.
- A self-motivated team of professionals with backgrounds in diverse startups (e.g. GoodData, DameJidlo, Smartlook, Rohlik.cz)
- Our founders Pavel Svítil, Tomáš Doležal, and Petr Bartoš have both deep domain expertise, and a successful track record.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Backend developer who:
- Will be responsible for the application design and building in Java and Spring Boot
- Does not hesitate to touch other parts of our software ecosystem (infrastructure or data pipelines)
- Cares about the quality — both from the code and customer perspective
- Wants to work fully remotely
- Will be able to work closely with the product team and help them to fulfill customers' needs
- Will learn and grow with us
And above all we're looking for someone who aligns with the core company's values: Customer first, Sustainability over quick wins, Excellence, Task ownership and responsibility, and Thinking big!
- Web development: Almost all of our projects are web applications
- Java: If you have some Java experience, that's awesome (but many of us are former PHP developers that switched to Java and it worked out just fine)
- Spring (Spring boot): Basically, any experience with the MVC framework is good enough and we will help you get up to speed
- Hibernate: We do use the Hibernate ORM heavily
- Git: You should be able to rebase, but again don't worry - we can teach you
- PostgreSQL: You should be able to write SELECTs and know what are indexes for
- Docker: You should know how to start a local database in a docker container
- AWS: We expect you to gradually learn at least the basics of "the cloud”, previous experience is beneficial
- Impact All our clients have the same goal - to enable access to medicines for patients
- True remote We're remote-first and as long as you have a working internet connection, we don't care where you work from!
- Diverse work. Are you sick of writing API endpoints? That's not all we do here. You'll be also regularly improving our ETL data pipeline, AWS infrastructure, or GitLab pipelines.
- Culture of respect at the workplace is our value!
- Office benefits — including contracted coffee roastery and always a full fridge for all (who is not remote)! We also like to meet during company social events.
We offer you 60 000 — 120 000 CZK monthly based on your skills and experience, and 5 weeks of vacation.
Do you want to
- make a real impact in the pharmaceutical industry,
- work for a company that fights for open data and
- help a Czech startup be more successful?
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
(You don't have to actually send a CV — links to your Github/Linkedin/Personal website/Blog or simply Hi is good enough of a start — but the more info you give us the better.)